Jazzled!

It's my life...

Friday, December 09, 2005

Idea!


Danny’s been missing almost a week now and no news. Mr Naidoo cashed the cheque for me and I went shopping after college to cheer myself up. It’s sweet the way he tries to feed me whenever I buy things there; today he nipped into the back room to get a samoosa his wife had just deep fried – ‘Taste it now, eat it all and tell me what you think…’ and ‘I want to know if people would buy these if I put a few in the shop.’ It’s as if he doesn’t trust me to eat the stuff I buy for me and Marz. Mind you, he’s more expensive than the Co-op, but open nearly all the time. Not much of a life but he doesn’t seem to mind. His wife’s name is Binita and he made her come out to say hello but she doesn’t speak much English and seemed very shy. Her sari was exactly the same shade of orange as the tray of mandarins in the vegetable display.

I was in Etam looking at some pink jeans when the idea hit me. I must still have Sandy’s number somewhere, or if not I could probably get it from Social Services. Danny may have contacted her to try and find that crazy woman he thought could help him – he won’t know she’s gone to Oz, as I never told him. It’s a chance, tho a pretty thin one. But thinking on, it’s more likely he’ll have gone to Kingston – there’d be a chance one of the others might be able to tell him where she is and he knows where Eva works. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get on the train, wander around, see what’s happening. Maybe it’ll come to nothing but it’ll be better than eating myself up like this.