Jazzled!

It's my life...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

No News Good News?


I’d forgotten about the hospital what with all the carry on so I rang them this morning. I knew they wouldn’t tell me anything, as Danny and me, we’re not related, so I said I was his sister just arrived from Australia and trying to trace him. Almost got away with it too, but the receptionist or whatever she was must have gotten suspicious ‘cos she asked me to hold the line and put me through to Ms Monotone, and the next thing I know she’s saying, ‘Danny’s sister? I’m afraid we have no record of him having a sister, but if you come along to the hospital with some form of identification we may be able to help you.’ And I’m acting dumb and saying that I’m over two hours away and I’ve heard he’s left the hospital and do they have any idea where I can contact him? and she’s just repeating what she said before with her voice all smug patience and I know bloody well she knows it’s me and I’m kicking myself for trying it on as my Oz accent’s pretty rubbishy and probably gave me away. More thinking needed re. Danny I s’pose. Wish I could get my head around some half-decent plan.

One good thing though – a cheque arrived this morning – the pay I was owed from those three Saturdays at Retro Specs. I would have stayed if it hadn’t been for that Sami and her snide remarks. I s’pose I’ll have to find something else soon but at least I can stock up on bubblegum and Babe, and Marz gets paid tomorrow so we’ll be OK for a while.

Of course I was in trouble at college ‘cos of running out yesterday, but I told them Marz’d rung and I’d had to get to her quickly. They’ve known about her bouts of bingeing since she turned up there looking for me one morning and ended up passing out and cracking her head on the tiled floor in the entrance. They insisted on calling an ambulance and I had to go with her to the hospital with everyone flapping around and all the others looking and whispering. How embarrassing is that?

Must try to get some work done, I’m falling behind. Wish I didn’t care about Danny. Please let him be OK.